New session begins in every class that Kris and I teach. Come often/on time to learn correct technique for optimal results. The other trainers will continue the interim workout until certified in this session. Please come take a class with Kris or Julie for technique tips! Monday Box is sold out - room in Thursdays. PRESS & PUMP IN THIS SAT 9:15 CLASS WITH IZZY
SORRY THE LOCKER ROOM HAS BEEN GROSS FOR SO LONG. PUT YOUR SHOES BACK ON LOCKER TOPS ONE ON TOP OF OTHER. PUT INITIALS ON YOURS SHOES SO WE KNOW THEY BELONG TO A CURRENT MEMBER. USE SHELVING UNIT FOR GYM BAGS.
ALWAYS TAKE PURSES/PHONE/KEYS UPSTAIRS AND PUT ON SHELVES IN WORKOUT ROOM.
SUS Trivia Game all month long submit guesses to: email@example.com Come on...play!
30 trivia questions in January. Get 10 correct and win an awesome shoppe special design shirt!
The following are all true/false questions - you have a 50% change of getting them all! You have 'till Tuesday Night
7. Our 1st year open, we all worked out barefoot
8. Our cardio floor upstairs absorbs 50% skeletal shock
9. When I first opened, I only rented, and it was just the space where our weights are now.
10. Our float only won first place in the South Shore Water Frolic parade 2 years out of many
11. The Shoppe was coed the first [approximately] 14 years, designated class times
12. When I announced that I was changing the club to strictly women, the hate mail was from women, not men
13. My brother met his wife at the shoppe, 2 trainers married a member,
1 member was engaged to a male trainer and then married a member instead
14. For the 1st approximate 5 years, when signing up for classes, members had to choose the time; no switching or make-ups
15. Day Job-I am the Wellness Director for a company of 1000 employees and recently celebrated my 15-year anniversary there
3. Who was the second instructor? The first instructor was Debbie Valentino.
Answer: Janine Rozina Also known as Janine Sijan -Sijan Field is named after her brother, a war hero. Janine is the force that brought childcare to the shoppe which we had for 17 years. The artwork of the woman's head with flowing hair above the exit of the locker room was done by her brother and auctioned, we won the piece for $300. We see Janine every year at the bash. Two winners. Lisa P and Mary O
4.How many total SUS locations have there been?
Answer: 5 Bay View, Lisbon Ave., Mayfair Road by Mayfair Mall, Bluemound Road now Batzner , 64th and North - Winners 1. Bridget
5.We have done it all, but which of the following were offered LESS than 5 years? Hint- less than 5
Tanning=15 years , Vitamin Sales=4 years, Childcare=17 years, Yoga=6 years, Zumba=1 year, Step Aerobics=15 years, Kids Tumbling=7 years, Kids Birthday Parties=9 years, Kids Irish Dance=2 years, Massage=6 years, Fashion Shows using Instructors=5 years,
Aerobic Demos at various venues=9 years, Summerfest Performances=5 years, Half-Time Marquette Shows= 1 year,
Sponsoring the Polar Bears [plunge] and offering a bus to members=6 years, Christmas caroling by bus-6 years,
Training the Milwaukee Admirals=7 years
Answer: Vitamin Sales, Zumba, Kids Irish Dance, Marquette Shows [fun story- got kicked out by a nun] Winners- zero
6. How many warm-ups for runs or events have we done? IE: Dino Dash at the Museum, Turkey Trot, Fox Run etc.
1-25 26-50 51-75!!!!!! 76-100 Winners: Zil, Mary Otto, Bridget, Tarin, Efta, Andrea G
1.Can you guess any of the tunes from session #1? Dare you to make a playlist! One winner - Bridget
1. Attitude Dancing-Carly Simon 2.Your Everything-Andy Gibb 3. Women-Ohio Players 4. He's So Shy-Pointer Sisters
5. Dancin Round and Round-Olivia Newton John 6. Upside Down-Diana Ross 7.Walking in Rhythem - Blackbyrds
8.You are the Sunshine of My Life- Stevie Wonder 9.Jessie-Carly Simon 10. Knock on Wood-Gloria Gaynor 11. Baby Baby-Linda Ronstadt 12.Last Dance-Donna Sommer
2.Do you know what year BoxBag was added and why? Two winners, Mary Otto and Bridget
1991 - Reason: I was having a really hard time losing baby #1 weight after gaining 50+ pounds. I knew Dennis was a great trainer [he gave me training sessions at the Eagles Club in the day] so I asked him to train me. We boxed and the weight fell off - I asked if he would please consider helping other women and since he was a pro-boxer, I knew he would be extra effective! It was a yes!
come on ladies - it's not too late to play...AND WIN!
FebFatFry with BMI testing instead of Jan-Jump-Start. INFO SOON.
NOTICE: Please do not wear shoes in from outside. Members are nicely reporting that they have seen this lately. We touch the floor a lot :) You need to carry in shoes that you will wear on the workout floor [or leave them in the locker area]
Slide info- Slide originated when Reebok was commissioned by the NFL for players with knee replacements to go from the wheelchair to the slide, even before they could walk. The knee has 4 plains and if all 4 are not equally strong, there is an imbalance to the pull on the patella which can cause slight displacement and pain. Runners especially have an imbalance because linear workouts strengthen the quads and hamstrings. We need a lateral workout to cross-train.
Grab a slide and do a few minutes daily until our next class. Slide is in Boot-Camp daily.